Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Let It SNOW!!!


Soooooo, we got some SNOW and lots of it! Last Friday they started the prediction and they hit the nail on the head. Saturday evening I hit the grocery store so we would have the cabinets stocked with lots of goodies. Good thing I did because we got about 8-9 inches and have been semi-stranded in the house!! It started snowing Sunday evening around 11 and it came down fast. When we woke up everything was covered.
We hardly ever get snow, so its always nice to see when we do! Schools have been closed, so far all week. We'll see what the rest of the week has in store. Yesterday morning I put Veggie soup in the crock-pot and let it cook all day. So last night we had soup and cornbread and it was definitely comforting!!! WARM and DELISH and perfect for a cold wintry day!

I got Mollie all bundled up so she could go out and have fun in the snow. Daddy took her out and I stayed in with Maycie :) :( Happy to stay in with little babe but I would have loved to go out and play in the SNOW for a while with Derek and Mollie. Maybe we'll get a BIG snow again when Maycie gets a little older and we can all go out together!
We couldn't find a sled so Mollie and Derek didn't "play" outside long, which was fine by me because when we got the snow on Christmas day, both of them went out in it and BOTH of them came down with the FLU the very next day. Not sure if that's why, but needless to say I was kinda happy when Mollie wanted to come in about 10 minutes after going out! The FLU about kicked my butt and I didn't even have it. :)
I love all the memories we make as a family and I love having pictures to prove it. I can't wait for Maycie to get bigger so she can join in on all the fun, although I'm not thrilled about my baby growing up! :) The days go by way too fast. I love my family!

We're going a little stir crazy being cooped up in the house, so maybe we can get out SOON!!!
Hope you enjoyed the snow if you got it!

No comments:

Post a Comment