Monday, July 30, 2012

The Day...

my baby girl went to preschool.


It was a rough day around here. I know nothing will be more beneficial than Maycie getting the social interaction, but it's just tough to release your babies out into the world.
I feel so very fortunate to have been able to have the schedule I have had and I'm so thrilled to begin a new journey, yet allowing me to continue to have an awesome schedule with my girls!
 I've been working her up for a couple of weeks explaining the whole school thing!  She seemed thrilled and was pumped about carrying her backpack. 
We did breakfast, loaded the car and headed out.  We dropped Mollie off at camp first and then we made the second stop...the one I have dreaded for weeks.  Hubs joined me just because we had more than  my arms could handle.  We went in, briefly explained a few things and basically threw her to the wild. And made our exit. 
OH, it was painful.
My view from the window was something I can't get out of my head.  The terrified look of my sweet baby.  You never know what goes through those little minds.  I wanted to stay and stalk check on my girl but Derek insisted we leave.  When we hit the door I lost it.  I had a good healthy cry until about mid-morning and then it seemed to fade as the time got closer to picking her up.
I picked her up and the girl held my neck so tight!!  It was just what I needed.  She told everyone her goodbyes and seemed to be in great spirits.  She said she had fun so we'll see. 
I know each day will get easier for the both of us, but right now I'm missing my baby.
She has went from newborn to toddler so so fast.
I cherish each moment I have with my girls and don't think I can EVER get enough of them.
I love 'em to the moom and back!!!!

Here's to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment